Police have launched a manhunt for the suspects responsible for the brutal killing of three people who were allegedly kidnapped in Thohoyandou and their bodies later found at Saselamani, outside Malamulele on Monday.
Provincial Police Spokesperson Moatshe Ngoepe indicated that a man and a woman were allegedly hijacked and kidnapped while driving near Makonde Village outside Thohoyandou earlier that day. The suspects reportedly loaded their two victims in the luggage compartment of their Toyota Tazz and drove to a secluded area outside Malamulele. They were allegedly shot in cold blood before the vehicle was set alight. Both burnt beyond recognition, according to Ngoepe.
He added that the body of an unknown man with multiple gunshot wounds was also discovered some metres away from the scene but could not indicate if the two incidents were linked.
The names would be released as soon as the next of kin were informed. The motive behind the killing was not yet known.
Provincial Police Commissioner Nneke Ledwaba condemned the killing of the three people and said that the men and women in blue would work around the clock to hunt the perpetrators down and bring them to book. “There is no justifiable reason for anyone to take an innocent life in this horrific manner,” Ledwaba said.
Anyone with information can contact the investigating officer Richard Boshomane on 079 894 5501 or the crime stop number on 08600 10111.
Story: RC Myburgh