Sport fanatics in Ga-Dikgale and surrounds can look forward to an eventful Festive Season as the fifth annual Bakone Sports Challenge will held from 14 to 29 December at Mokgopo Shining Stars sport grounds in Ga-Mokgopo village.
Soccer teams will compete in u.13, u.15, u.19, senior and masters categories. The Bakone Sports Challenge round of 32 consists of clubs from Ga-Dikgale, Ga-Mamabolo, Mothapo, Mokopane and as far as Gauteng. Sixteen masters’ teams will compete from 14 to 16 December while 16 clubs in the aforementioned three junior categories will lock horns from 17 to 20 December with the 32 senior teams kicking off on 21 until 29 December and the netball teams are expected to clash from 27 to 29 December.
According to tournament chairperson Ben Raseboya, two teams in the senior category stand a chance of winning two full kits as he indicated that clubs that make it to the last 16 each get a kit with the last two teams that will be playing in the finals also getting a full kit each. He further said fans can expect great action and reiterated that supporters are also eligible to win amazing prizes daily. Several professional soccer players and referees are expected at the tournament, Raseboya explained and added that football scouts will also be looking for talent as he encouraged players to do their best.
The winning team in the seniors will scoop R50 000 while the second place finishers claim R30 000, third place R15 000 and R10 000 for fourth place. Prizes for the masters and u.19s are the same as the winner in each category walk home with R8 000, second place R5 000 while third and fourth place finishers receive take R2 750 each. In the u.15 division, the winner takes R2 000 with the second place claiming R1 200 while in the u.13 the first spot scoops R1 000 and the second position collects R600. Entrance fee for spectators will be free from 14 to 20 December and R10 from 21 to 29 December.
Seniors soccer teams
• Mokgopo Shining Stars vs Sebayeng Zebras.
• Makokonong Blue Birds vs Sebayeng Highlanders.
• Chaba Pirates vs Mankga Junior Chiefs.
• Mantheding Swallows vs Moraro Hungry Lions.
• Matebele 11 vs Inter Milan.
• Mantheding Heroes vs Mantsoko.
• Tau Tau vs Sekgopo Leeds United.
• Sebayeng Big 4 vs Mothapo Happy Stars.
• Makotopong Giant Aces vs Benfica.
• Makakanka PSG vs Letona.
• Makotopong Brazil vs Team Limpopo.
• Mogalakwena Sports and Skills Training vs Madiga Junior Chiefs.
• Mahlallane Peace Lovers vs Dikgale Happy Fighters.
• Dikolobe vs Sebayeng Tshidi Hotspurs.
• Limpopo City vs Marobala Grasshoppers.
• Real Hustlers vs Makgato.
Story: ENDY SENYATSI