Seshego residents have yet again started engaging in protest action this morning (Friday) and have reportedly interrupted traffic flow in an attempt to barricade Nelson Mandela Drive.
It is the third reported incident of its kind since earlier unrest last month and alleged vandalism to the municipal offices in Seshego last Friday.
Provincial Police spokesperson Moatshe Ngoepe confirmed that protesters tried to block the road this morning but added that the Police managed to stabilise the situation.
He further said the Police started monitoring the area from 01:00 after receiving a tip-off that residents were planning protests.
“The situation is calm at the moment and traffic is flowing without interruptions. There are no casualties or reports on damage to property. We will continue to monitor the area,” said Ngoepe.
He concluded saying Police will make sure that perpetrators are brought to book.
Story: ENDY SENYATSI